WHAT IS ISO 27001 AND HOW IS IT RELATED TO SAP
ISO 27000 is a family of standards to manage the security of information assets.
Organizations use the standards to holistically protect information throughout all of their business systems and demonstrate reliability of their systems to partners, customers and government.
ISO 27001 is the best-known standard providing for an information security management systems (ISMS).
SAP systems support execution of organization’s mission-critical business processes and shall implement organization-wide requirements of ISO 27001.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO COMPLY YOUR SAP WITH ISO 27001
There are multiple requirements for SAP systems to be compliant with ISO 27001 requirements. They are as follows:
- Audit your SAP environment in scope of ISMS
- Identify information assets in SAP and users having access to this data (users, roles, groups)
- Detect misconfigurations and vulnerabilities which can be used to get unauthorized access to information assets
- Perform a security risk assessment
- Select controls to be implemented and applied:
- Restrict access to information assets
- Eliminate vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Enable monitoring of SAP security state and ISO27001 compliance
HOW CAN WE HELP TO MAKE YOUR SAP ISO 27001-COMPLIANT
With the help of our flagship product ERPScan Security Monitoring Suite and our professional services, such as SAP Security Audit and SAP Vulnerability Management, you can enhance your compliance with ISO27001 by identifying potential risks and eliminating them in due time.
ERPScan solutions go beyond ISO27001:
- ERPScan tool or ERPScan Professional services team inventories SAP landscape, detects all important assets, and identifies places where critical data is stored.
- ERPScan identifies all users who have access to information assets from deep level authorizations perspective with the help of ERPScan Segregation of Duties module.
- ERPScan can help detecting all 7000+ misconfigurations and 3800+ vulnerabilities, which can be used to get unauthorized access to SAP systems, be it SAP ABAP, JAVA or HANA-based solution.
- ERPScan helps fixing all necessary issues with the help of ERPScan auto-correction functionality and detailed remediation descriptions for all issues.
- Finally, the solution continuously monitors SAP systems for new vulnerabilities.
In order to apply organization wide security policies in SAP environment and implement the required security control, we use SAP Cybersecurity Framework. The document describes what management and operational processes should be implemented in SAP and how to link them to high-level compliance requirements.
Interested? Request demo now
Contact us today.